(this blog details my summer experience of of 2009. if you want to read it for some reason, i recommend that you do so chronologically, starting with the oldest post.)

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Quicky

First, the good news. In a couple hours, I'm hopping on a plane for Chaing Mai in northern Thailand for some countryside, elephant riding, rafting, biking, hiking, etc.

Bad news, I lost my fucking bank card. I'm so used to swiping it at ATMs that I, apparently, forgot to take it out after I withdrew some cash. That was two days ago and there are no bogus charges thus far, so I'm probably safe on that front. I'm pretty sure that I have enough travelers cheques to make it to India... Unfortunately, I can't call my bank because of the time difference and I don't know how I'm going to get a new card in India.

So THIS is why people have more than one card... problems, man. Problems.

3 comments:

  1. Lost cards happen; don't let it spoil the adventure. One of us can wire money to you. Let us know when you get to a place where it's possible. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno if they do it there, but here in Italy the ATM's are different and they suck back the card after 20 seconds and it's lost to the world and can never come back.
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find immense amusement in the fact that APATHY is totally global. I've been digging the graffitti lately-- especially the full color ones. yay!

    ReplyDelete