(this blog details my summer experience of of 2009. if you want to read it for some reason, i recommend that you do so chronologically, starting with the oldest post.)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ooty, where have you been all my life?

Last weekend my team charted a bus to haul us to Ooty, Tamil Nadu. After the ten hour overnight ride, we arrived to find a beautiful town situated among tea-covered mountains with a cool climate and quiet pace that offered a welcome change of pace from the horns and heat of Chennai. It looks something like this...








The late Mitch Hedgerg was wrong about something... dust bunnies are not the cutest infestation ever, monkeys are! In Ooty, you can't throw a stone without hitting a monkey and these cute little devils love to break into hotel rooms and steal shit. Luckily, our hotel was happy to warn us about them...






I don't believe in Heaven but if there was one, it would probably smell like the tea factory we visited. Along with divine aromas, I had the pleasure of drinking (and buying) what was, easily, the best tea that I've had in my life. If you come to my house I'll make you some...






We visited the botanical gardens...












We walked around, saw things, ate food...














We went on a hike...












And I wished you were there with me...

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What great shots! Drink some darjeeling for me! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. wish i was there, too. looks gorgeous. love,
    n

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i was there, three! can you bring me back a monkey?

    ReplyDelete