(this blog details my summer experience of of 2009. if you want to read it for some reason, i recommend that you do so chronologically, starting with the oldest post.)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bikes, booze and blues

Things have been looking up since my last post. Money problems are fixed. Heart problems are not, but I'm still alive. I got out of the airport, I hung out in Zurich for a couple days, now I'm in Interlaken.

But first we need to backtrack... I thought that my last pictures of India were deleted but I just recovered them. In light of this discovery, some highlights!

(FYI: Before we begin, I'm extremely tired. So this post will be almost all pictures, very little words.)

This was our last visit to Shelter House...











Ryan was bitten by something while he was sleeping...


And stuff and things...





I'm going to miss this...




Okay, back to the present. After I got out of the airport I hung around Zurich for a couple days with Danielle, one of my India friends...








Chocolate cell phones...



I've been vegetarian for a few years now but before I left, given that I would be visiting other cultures and all, I gave myself permission to eat meat if the time was right. Like I said, India was a veggie paradise, but when Swiss sausage was brought into the picture I simply had to try it. I had about a third and it was delicious...






Does Zurch have the best street sign ever? I think so!!!



From Zurich, I took the trains to Interlaken. I hadn't been on a bike in months and given that biking is one of my absolute favorite things in the world, the first thing I did was go on a long, long ride...




















I kept up the physical activity today with a hike. The other people taking the same route were much smarter than me - by starting at the other side they avoided a 2,300 foot climb! Still, it was breathtaking...















Random...







Tomorrow I'm going to take part in some "canyoning." I've never heard this term but it apparently involves navigating a waterfall canyon by means of jumping, repelling and sliding. Sounds good to me.

Before I go, thanks to all of you that sent me kind words, cyber hugs, prayers, thoughts, etc. I truly appreciate it. Be well out there.

1 comment:

  1. The scenery is breathtaking! Wow! What a summer this has been for you! So many different types of beauty! Hang in there. I love you.

    ReplyDelete